Neck Tension Release
Do you sit at a desk all-day long?
Are you feeling stiff with rising tension in the shoulders and neck?
Posture related tension in the upper back, shoulders and neck area is a common complaint for desk workers and those who drive a lot due to the prolonged periods of time in the same position. People who work in high-stress jobs will also be familiar with this type of neck tension.
Eventually this ongoing state of tension can lead to headaches and migraines which become more difficult to treat.
This 1-hour 'Neck Tension Release' session will provide you with effective relief at intervals which suit you and your lifestyle in order to prevent more chronic conditions from developing.
Who will benefit?
- Those who feel generally stiff through the upper back as well as tight in the muscles across the shoulders and up into the neck
- May occasionally get headaches which feel they start in the neck and creep up the back of the head, sometimes around to the front
- Desk workers and drivers
- Anyone in stressful working environments who do not get an opportunity to take regular breaks
- Session will include gentle mobilisation of stiff and tender areas of the spine
- With gentle dry needling to the tender muscle trigger points, located within the muscles of the neck and or shoulders
- Followed by massage techniques along the muscles to help further reduce muscle tension and restore flexibility and suppleness
- Heat will then Be applied to aid further relaxation of the muscles
- Finally a few simple postural exercises will be given along with advice as to help prevent such tension from building up
Benefits of this 1-hour session
- Treatment given by a university qualified Chartered Physiotherapist with many years experience in treating neck pain and dysfunction
- Will help alleviate pain and stiffness associated with restricted spinal mobility and tense taut muscles which may contain trigger points
- Will reduce the likelihood of the development of tension type headaches as well as progressively losing movement about the neck and upper back
- Make working and carrying out daily activities including exercises more comfortable
- Exercises and advice may help keep aches and pains at bay for longer periods of time
- If beneficial the session can be repeated on a maintenance basis as may be required
Duration - 1 Hour
This session is not intended for those with more specific neck pathology where a course of physiotherapy or other medial management may be required. This would include a diagnosis of tension type headache or migraine.