COVID-19: In-Clinic Appointments - Important Safety Information
If you have booked a face to face, in-clinic appointment, please read the following important COVID-19 infection control information.
Face to face, in-clinic appointments are available weekdays for those who have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, are not awaiting a test, do not have symptoms and who are not self-isolating. If you are considered high or very high risk, we recommend that you consult with your GP before attending for physiotherapy.
Please note: Clients are advised if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are awaiting a test, have a fever, cough or any cold or flu-like symptoms or are self-isolating they should please book a remote/online appointment via Mount Merrion Connect, click here.
In accordance with COVID-19 infection control and avoidance measures, we are implementing social distancing methods and strict sanitising within the clinic.
Appointment confirmation & reminders
- On booking, you will receive a confirmation email and text, followed by a reminder email and text the day before your appointment.
- Your email may be printed or shown to the Garda as confirmation of your Chartered Physiotherapy appointment if required
On the day of an appointment
- Please arrive on time for your appointment
- It is required that you wear a mask of healthcare worker standard to your appointment.
- Please wait in your car until you receive a ‘ready’ text from your physiotherapist, we will do our very best not to keep you waiting.
In the clinic
- Hand sanitising gels are available throughout the clinic
- Surfaces are sanitised frequently throughout the day
- Paper towels are to please be used after handwashing in the bathroom
- Treatment plinths (beds), rooms and door areas are sanitised thoroughly between patients
- Hands - we wash and hand sanitise before each client treatment and regularly within the treatment session.
- Gloves - we wear disposable gloves as an extra precaution in addition to regular hand sanitising.
- Face masks - we wear a respirator mask and a face shield. It is required that you wear a mask of healthcare worker standard to your appointment.
- Positioning - you will be treated mostly in the face-down position, otherwise on your side facing away from your physiotherapist.
- Techniques - manual therapy techniques will be applied over clothes or a paper towel, medical acupuncture including dry needling will be applied using standard hygiene and infection control measures
- Exercises will be demonstrated from a distance, any equipment used will be demonstrated by your physiotherapist only.
- Physical distancing - treatment planning, using a combination of techniques will provide effective treatment while ensuring the period of time during which your physiotherapist is within 2 metres for no longer than 15 minutes during the 30 minute consultation period.
Payments & booking follow up appointments
- Re-bookings and payment will be arranged at the end of the consultation with your physiotherapist.
- Alternatively, book your follow-up appointment by calling 012834303.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you.
Lorraine & Simon