Feel Better with Breast Cancer - Free Information Evening
Join Chartered Physiotherapist Emily Smyth for a highly informative evening presentation on the specialist role of physiotherapy in the management of breast cancer.
Also, receive Emily’s top tips to feel better when undergoing treatment.
When: Thursday the 4th of July 2019 from 7-8 pm
Where: Mount Merrion Physiotherapy & Health, 105 Upper Trees Road, Mount Merrion, Co Dublin, A94 RX70
Emily is a certified PINC therapist, who has undergone specialised post-graduate training in the treatment of ladies with breast cancer.
The PINC approach, developed in Australia, utilises a combination of exercise-based exercises as well as hands-on manual therapy.
A PINC programme is unique as it is only provided by a physiotherapist with an in-depth understanding of cancer and the physical limitations which often present. It is an individualised and goal orientated programme which helps women return to normal function during and after a cancer diagnosis.
The benefits of exercise therapy
- Reduce pain symptoms
- Reduce feelings of depression and anxiety
- Reduce daily fatigue and sleep disturbances
- Improve mobility and quality of life
- Assists with weight management
- Decrease the risk of cancer relapse, studies show by up to 40—50%
- Reduces mortality rate, studies show by up to 44%
The benefits of hands-on therapy
- Prevents and treats the formation of scar tissue
- Prevents and helps shoulder pain and movement problems
- Helps prevent and treat cording
- Relieves neck and chest stiffness
Further programme benefits
- Improves overall physical abilities
- Improves balance and reduces the risk of falls
- Helps maintain muscle and bone health
- Reduces nausea
- Helps maintain independence
- Improves self-esteem
Contact: Please call Angela or Orlaith on 01 2834303 to reserve a place, numbers are limited so please book early and let us know if you can longer attend.
We look forward to meeting you in July.
Simon & Lorraine